another one of my goals that i kinda for got to mention is: dressing well. this is a challenge. i'm in college, ie all i wanna do when i have to go to a 9 am class, after staying up late studying for said class, is wear sweat pants & bring my blanket & pillow class. but i've heard that's not allowed. not only that but no one like a sloppy girl. although i don't expect myself to walk into my marketing class with heels and a suit on i definitely shouldn't rely on leggings. so here are some of my favorite fashionable ladies that inspire me daily to dress nicely:
Emily from Cupcakes and Cashmere
today was my second day of classes & let me say that i've completely forgotten how time consuming college is. you have school, friends, work, extracurriculars, & not to mention your own personal well being like gym time or reading or sleeping. so to help me out i've decided to create a list.
goals for school
1. make it to the deans list- apparently your GPA has to be a billion.00
2. participate- i can't speak in front of people, i-i-i g-gett rrreall nerrvous
3. keep papers organized- literally my goal every academic year
goals for life
1. make my workout schedule & stick to it- i really need to write this down & make it more concrete
2. make new friends while maintaining my old ones- i need people otherwise i talk to walls
3. try new activities & clubs- harder than it sounds cause sometimes you just end up on the mailing list but never actually go to meetings
4. eat well- is there such a thing as the sophomore 15?
5. keep my room clean- my roommate will kill me otherwise
hope you've had a good start to your week!
ps~ because i am a college student if i don't post for a while, don't worry i'm not dead i'm just under a huge pile of books, but i'll resurface eventually!
1) hot air balloons in california; 2) now entering portland!- so close 3) a don't call me shirley, shirley temple; 4) dungeness crab on pizza; 5) washington i'm here!
4 gas stops, 1 burger king run, 800 miles, & 14 hours later and i finally made it to tacoma! it's been quite a whirlwind trying to get ready for class today and getting my room looking decent. the road trip was great but i'm so glad i'm not in a car anymore. hope your monday's off to a good start i've got to get to bio!
well it's official summer is over. while it is a sad fact it's not all bad. it means it's time for fall & new beginnings (which everyone loves). entering my second year of college is super exciting and scary all at the same time because how can i possibly be a sophomore in college when i'v just mastered pumping gas? so for today's post i want to reminisce on some of the best parts of summer.
1) beginning of summer- seattle loving; 2) road trip home- voodoo donuts in portland; 3) giants games!!; 4) hiking all over the bay; 5) seeing the golden gate bridge; 6) watching my baby sister graduate!; 7) more great views in sf; 8) ice cream!; 9) oyster fest- seeing young the giant!; 10/11) fourth of july grilling & firework watching; 12) baking? with my sister; 13) film night in the park- the artist at union square; 14) graffiti exploring in the mission; 15) farmer's market; 16) watching my cousin have her baby- welcome new cousin; 17/18) eating- plow & restaurant lulus; 19) hanging with my bestest girls
thanks for an amazing summer sf! see you real soon!
leaving family, friends, & the city of san francisco doesn't get easier no matter how many times i leave. i'm heading back to washington this saturday for a fun filled 16 hour road trip with my dad (no sarcasm at all). but before i can say goodbye to home i have to pack, which i thought would be a breeze- yeah not happening. to help me out i've got an awesome playlist from 8tracks- thanks i couldn't be doing it without you!
sometimes you have to run errands. sometimes those errands aren't fun. but most of the time you've got to make them fun. i had to go to city hall to renew my passport so my sister & i decided to walk around & take some pictures. while i rarely want to look like a tourist i let it slide this time & was that obnoxious person who wants photos of every square inch of a tourist destination. sorry... then i was like i don't really want to pack for school yet, so lets go to a museum & grab some lunch. it was worth it. way worth it. now i just got to figure out what i'm going to do with all my clothes on the floor...
just some pics from the weekend. it was part 1 of my best friend's birthday and we had brunch at Original Joe's in north beach and then made our way to watch beach blanket babylon (so funny!) and by some miracle we made it to fishermen's wharf in heels for the musee mechanique and dinner.
last week my best friends and i headed up north to stinson beach for a little fun in the sun. we played frisbee, read, explored the little town, indulged on the perfect dessert (soft serve!), and laughed a lot. it was a perfect way to spend the day with my best friends.